Friday, December 4, 2015

Year End Lists

This time of year, everyone is inundated with "Best of" and "Favorite" lists for whatever: music, movies, commercials, books, fails, balls of twine, whatever. I know that you are all waiting on pins and needles to see if I will do one.

Here's the good/bad news: I will.

Of course, it will be about music, specifically albums. I'll make this caveat right now, it will only include albums I've listened to and listened to several times. And it's mostly artists that don't exist on radio. So, yeah, no Adele. These will be albums I can put on and listen to start to finish. Will there be some songs on the records that I really don't like? Sure. But not skip-worthy when in your car on a road trip.

Why do a list when I've featured most of these albums during the past year right here? Because it's important to go back and listen again to what I thought was good at the time. One of the drawbacks of always digging for new music is that you sometimes forget to listen to what you like. This is a good time to do that.

So far I've narrowed it down to 23 albums. Yeah, that's a lot, but there was a lot of good music to come out in 2015. And that's just the one's I've heard and listened to multiple times. There is much more that I never heard or only heard once.

I'm going to narrow it down to a top 10. But I plan on making two posts. One featuring the thirteen on the outside, I guess an honorable mention of sorts. And then the top ten. Right now I have nine of the ten. That last spot is hard.

It would be a lot easier if I had a focus on one genre, but I don't. The only genre I care about is called "music I like". And that entails rock, hard rock, country, Americana, blues, and some other stuff.

So for those of you that read my stuff, thank you. And yes, the overdone, obligatory lists will be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment