Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Number Two Album of the Year

I will post a full top 10 list at the end. In the meantime, I am going to explore each record in my top 10 and why I selected them. Again, this is not a "Best of". It is the albums that I've heard and resonated with me personally. There is some really good stuff out there that doesn't make my list because, well, it's my list. There's a lot of stuff I haven't even heard. Maybe you'll like some of it.

There's just something about Southern Rock that I've always loved. I guess it's just comfort music to me. Real music with real songs about real things. From the myriad of 70s stuff including Skynyrd, The Allmans, Marshall Tucker, etc., to right now with bands like Whiskey Myers and Blackberry Smoke, I always like it if it's done well.

Holding All The Roses by Blackberry Smoke is done well.

I know it's not groundbreaking. It covers familiar territory. It's nowhere near the second best record released in 2015. This series has never been about a "Best of" list. It's about my favorite albums. Albums being the key word. Holding All The Roses is one you can put on and just listen, whether in your car or on your patio or on the beach. Just push play.

No comments:

Post a Comment