Monday, December 28, 2015

My Top Ten Albums of 2015

At this point, I'm sure everyone has been inundated with top whatever lists for any and everything. Mine is about...music. Imagine that. My list is different than any other list you've read. That doesn't make it better (or worse), right or wrong, just different.

Music is subjective and personal. To me there are only two types of music: music I like and music I don't. And just because I don't like it, doesn't mean it's not good, just not to my taste. Conversely, just because I like it doesn't necessarily mean it's good. I'll be the first to admit that I like a lot of crap.

If you've read this blog before, thank you, and you know that I'm not genre-specific. That would make things so much easier. You also know that I am mainstream-phobic, so there are not going to be any mega hits on my list.

This is by no means a "Best of" list. It is not a comprehensive list. I'm sure there are several albums that were released in 2015 that would make my list had I heard them. These are the albums that I have listened to numerous times. Albums I would and have listened to again and again. Music that has resonated with me. Music that I will be listening to in 2016 and beyond.

I listen to albums, not songs. I'm not immune to making playlists of songs, but I'm happier when I can put on an album and listen from start to finish without having to skip songs. That's what my list is about.

Here is my top ten with my favorite song from the album (where available, where not, just a song from the album). Links in artist's names are to my posts explaining my picks. Other links are obvious.

10) Brandy Zdan - Brandy Zdan



Website    Twitter      Amazon


9) Delta Rae - After It All



Website     Twitter     Amazon



8) Chaser Eight - Chaser Eight



Website     Twitter     Amazon



7) William Clark Green - Ringling Road



Website   Twitter   Amazon



6) Houndmouth - Little Neon Limelight



Website    Twitter    Amazon 



5) Halestorm - Into The Wildlife



Website   Twitter   Amazon



4) Elle King - Love Stuff



Website   Twitter    Amazon



3) Chris Stapleton - Traveller



Website   Twitter    Amazon



2) Blackberry Smoke - Holding All The Roses



Website  Twitter    Amazon



1) Black Star Riders - The Killer Instinct



Website   Twitter   Amazon

Hope something there resonates with you. If not, oh well, it's my list. Here's to a fantastic 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment