Monday, June 30, 2014

Good Song, Bad Video: Motley Crue: Looks That Kill

I'm old enough to remember the time when MTV was actually Music Television and played videos. And play videos, they did. Good videos. Bad videos. Any videos.

So let's revisit some of that. There is a plethora of content out there.

We'll start with a band that can take it. Despite this ill-conceived, misogynistic video, Motley Crue has withstood the test of time.

I don't fault the Crue, or anyone else in this series, for these atrocities. It was a part of the times.

From Shout at the Devil, here is "Looks That Kill".


2 comments:

  1. One of the things I miss most from the 80's-90's is when MTV (VH1 too) was MUSIC television.

    I love some Crue. This is the first time I have really paid attention to this video. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, there were a lot of crappy videos back then. Fun times.

      Delete