Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What I'm Loving Wednesday

I'm going in a little different direction this week. There will still be music, but there's other stuff that needs to be addressed.

I love how Curt Schilling called out the twidiots (twitter idiots) after they started in on his daughter. I don't revel in anyone losing their job, but one of the most egregious offenders did. I can't say that he didn't deserve it. You can read Schilling's blog post here.

We all know how Ronda Rousey destroyed Cat Zingano in fourteen seconds in latest fight. This very well-written piece for ESPNw on Zingano was penned before the fight. Very compelling. Very heartbreaking. Very enlightening. If you like a good story and good writing, check it out.

I love that we do now live in a world of social media that calls people out on their ridiculous statements. Such was the case when Gary Overton, CEO of some big Nashville music label said the following. "If you're not on country radio, you don't exist." Imagine my disdain when I found out that most of the music I like and listen to does not exist. I felt duped. Google that phrase and Gary Overton and you will find many scathing comebacks. My favorite was from Texas/Red Dirt artist Aaron Watson who said in an interview with Saving Country Music, "My name is Aaron Watson. I'm not played on country radio. And I have the number one record in country music this week. I do exist."

Now on to some music.

The Black Star Riders are made up of some the original members of classic rock staples Thin Lizzy. They've been kicking around ever since the death of frontman and bassist Phil Lynott, playing shows of Thin Lizzy's classic music. When they decided to put out a record of new music, they didn't want to put it out under the Thin Lizzy moniker out of respect to the late Lynott. If you're a fan of Thin Lizzy, the Black Star Riders' latest release is great. Here's the title track, "The Killer Instinct".



The next song is a few years old, but it's worth sharing. This is Corey Smith with "Twenty One".




What I'm Loving Wednesday

4 comments:

  1. I love Curt Schilling's post! Good for him for calling the idiots out! How can people be like that, I just don't get it?

    Oh, and I love Aaron Watson. How shocking that I also love music that doesn't exist?

    Lol. Thanks for linking up!

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Curt Schilling. Words have deep meanings and people are just stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for Curt for using him fame for good and defending his daughter. The idiots deserved to get fired/expelled!!! Please remember to share our button or link to our names in your post so others will know you are linking up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Jodi, I'm an idiot. Rachel and I were up late last night. I wasn't thinking straight. It's done now. :)

      Delete