Saturday, October 13, 2012

Losing Weight, #CFBUniWatch

OK.  I admit it.

I'm overweight.

I should lose about 70 pounds.  My goal is 50.

There.  I've said it.  The pounds should start melting away just because I decided to lose weight. No pills, no fads, just gonna do it.  Shouldn't it be that easy?

Realistically, it's going to take time.  I also think 50 is a realistic goal.  It may be at a snail's pace, but it can and will be done.

I'm so far out of shape that the whole process is going to take time.  I can't just start running miles per day.  I've got to work up to everything.  Many years of sedation do not get erased in one morning.

Some may scoff, but I have started  by walking 2.5 miles at least three times per week. Watching portion sizes.  Baby steps.  It's working so far.  I've lost 5 pounds.  Not much, but a start. No pills, no fads.  Just trying to live healthier.

This blog will not become a personal diary on my quest to lose weight.  From time to time I may update my progress, but it will  be in passing, not as a focus.

 And while I'm here:  Time for a little College Football Uniform Watch.

Not much going on this Saturday, but West Virginia and the gray helmets.  Yep, that was your downfall in losing to Texas Tech.  Forget the facts that your offense was anemic and your defense was a sieve.  It's all about the unis.

As I write at the moment, South Carolina is on the field against LSU in what can only be categorized as an atrocity.  The gray on gray is NOT working.  While we don't have a dog in the hunt, we were pulling for  SC to take out LSU in Death Valley until they took the field with costumes.  Their best defensive player's last name is Clowney.  No need to dress the entire team like clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment