Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I've Got That DelPo Feeling

I'm sure all of you are confused by that title.  Understandable.  Let me explain.

Waaaaay back in 2009 at the U.S. Open, before Novak Djokovic became a prominent player, it was pretty much Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal winning major tournaments.  Early in the second week of the tournament, somewhere deep in the recesses of facebook is a status update I made predicting Juan Martin del Potro would win the U.S. Open.  He won.*

*Only player to win a major besides Fed, Nadal or Djokovic since.

To those in the know, that has become known as the DelPo feeling.  Had the same feeling about the Texas Rangers last year.  Then came Game 6.  No further discussion required.

Well, I have the DelPo feeling again............about DelPo.

Yeah, I know, the U.S. Open has not even begun, but it seems as though the stars are aligning for Del Potro to claim his second U.S. Open title.

I have really only predicted one thing correctly in my life.  See above.  But this is my official prediction.  Put here for posterity's sake.

Read more here.


No comments:

Post a Comment