Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nadal Pulls Out of London Olympics


Admittedly, I'm not a Rafael Nadal fan.  I'm totally a Roger Federer guy.  Disclaimer being made, I'm disappointed Nadal has pulled out of the Olympics.

I totally respect Nadal and am quite amazed at the level of tennis he plays.  It's always more fun to have a foil for your own personal favorite.

Some have said that this opens the door for Federer.  With recent results on grass - namely Fed's Wimbledon win and Nadal's second round exit - I think Fed had already opened his own door.  Lest we forget, there is still Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, David Ferrer and Juan Martin Del Potro looming out there.  And we haven't even touched on the format yet.

With all matches being best of three before the final, strange things can happen.  Really, how many times have you seen one of the great players fall behind two sets to love or two sets to one only to come back and win in five?  I would not be surprised to see many surprises.

With all that being said, the Olympic tennis should be entertaining, and fun to watch.

1 comment:

  1. I am disappointed as well; however, Nadal needs to do what is best for his knee.

    ReplyDelete