Tuesday, May 31, 2016

EP Spotlight: Lauren Jenkins: The Nashville Sessions

The first thing I noticed about Lauren Jenkins was that unique smokey voice. I could listen to her sing songs I don't like.

Her first EP, The Nashville Sessions, is a six song collection that has four songs that she co-wrote and two cover songs. One of the covers is the song she did for for the Motley Crue tribute album. Her version of "Looks That Kill" was my first introduction to her voice and I've been waiting for more from her ever since.

The other cover is of Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love", with, of course, her own spin. Personally, I could have done without either cover, replacing them with more originals, though I do think "Looks That Kill" is very interesting.

Here is one of the originals that I really like, "All Good Things". Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment